Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday, February 21, 2011

How To Overcome Fear Of Failure


There are no risk- free plans in life. Life is all about risks. Risks are challenges to meet, not excuses for quiting. The fear of failure is one of the things that stop people from taking risks. To make progress in life fear must be  overcome. Rather than allowing fear to stop you, let it be your motivation for adequate preparation for success. History reveals that all successful athletes channel the fear of losing into their preparation for victory.

Robert Schuller wrote, The losers are those who never dared to try because they were afraid they wouldn’t make it. Most people fail because they haven’t tried. And they haven’t tried because they don’t want to run the risk of being disappointed. Those who try have already succeeded in a very important area of life, for they have conquered the fear of failure. No risks, no reward. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. The security of the shore is not what a ship is built for. A  ship is built for the risk of the deep.

Fear cripples. You cannot afford to be cripple in life. Playing safe could be dangerous, you will do things wrong many times before you learn to do them right. But if you let that stop you, you’ll never do anything significant in life.  When you make mistakes, you should learn from your mistakes and forge ahead.  The more mistakes you make, the more you learn, the more you learn, the more you earn. Such is life.

7 comments:

  1. I don't think that I ever have a fear of failure. What is there to be afraid of? Either you can do it or you can't. Failing at something doesn't mean that you are a failure, it just means that perhaps you need to try something else! Right?
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing this. I sometimes go about life thinking I can't do things and this will change my ways hopefully. Thank you and thanks for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your new follower from Blog Frog. Nice post. My degrees are in psychology, so I find your blog interesting. I will be sure to check back to reader future posts. By the way, your daughter is beautiful. Look at those cheeks! Visit me at http://seriousmrse.blogspot.com and http://thecomfortzonediversity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower from Blog Frog. Loved your post. I know what it feels like to hold back on things because I'm afraid of failure. It gave me something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! We live, we fail. We dust ourselves off and do it, again, taking notes along the way and stepping more bravely, during our life-walk. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Words to live by. Thanks so much for this very inspiring post, we all have struggles and fear of some sort even if its not failure.... Life could be a blast if we learn to take the training wheels off.

    Following from MBC, all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very inspiring. I would definitely go back and check your blog regularly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Most replied posts

Total Pageviews