Clinical depression is one of the types of depression that affect a lot of people, but the good news about clinical depression is that it is not difficult to overcome, psychiatrists see clinical depression as the type of depression that dwells on the gloomy end of the spectrum. They refer to it as “unipolar depression”.
Symptoms Of Clinical Depression
1) Loss of interest in all your normal activities.
2) Sleeping much more or much less than normal.
3) A dramatic change in your appetite, leading to noticeable weight gain or weight loss.
4) Feelings of worthlessness, guilt, or hopelessness that things won’t improve.
5) Abnormal tiredness throughout the day.
6) Having trouble concentrating or thinking.
7) Thinking about death or suicide more than usual etc.
What to do to overcome clinical depression:
· Consult your doctor: Clinical depression is a serious medical condition that is very complicated to treat. You need the help of a therapist who will provide psychological treatments.
· Join an online forum support group offering advice on depression treatment.
· If you are christian talk to your pastor about it.
Where to get help:
If you don’t know where to go for help, Listed below are the types of people or places that will provide diagnostic and treatment services:
· Family doctors.
· Mental health specialist such as psychiatrists, psychologists and mental health councellors.
· Health maintenance organisations.
· Community mental health centers.
· Hospital psychiatry departments and outpatient clinics.
· University or medical school-affiliated programs.
· State hospital out-patient clinics.