Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday, February 1, 2010

The Relationship Between Depression And Failure

Depression and Failure are like two Siamese twins.Failure has been one of the major reasons why a lot of people are depressed.Many people breakdown psychologically, mentally,spiritually and even physically when they experience certain disappointments of life.When hopes and expectations have been built up so high and the unexpected happens;  it destabilizes some people to the point that they totally breakdown.

You must know and prepare your mind that failure is only an event and not the final destination.The best way to cope with life irrespective of its very contradictions is to decide not to miss what you did not get. The feelings of oh! I missed it again, why me, what have I done wrong,when will I get out of this, who is after my life? will I ever make it again and will I ever become somebody of repute in life etc can kill or make someone psychologically imbalance.

Aviod the feelings of shame,hopelessness and regrets because you can still be happy in life despite what you did not get.Everything depends on your mindset.if you keep crying after what you have lost, there will be no time to prepare for what is next.you will do a lot of damage to yourself if you keep missing what you did not get. Whether it is in the area of relationship, marriage, business opportunities, traveling chance, positioning in the office or material things, once you have tried your best and it did not happen or it happened but could not be sustained, just forget it and move on with life.

Whenever you are in a fix,take a concrete decision because it is the decision you take when things happen to you that will determine its effect on you. You can get of out depression bytrivalizing your problems. No one is problem or challenge free. The only difference is that some carry theirs on the head while some put theirs under the feet.

6 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I'm so sad and too depressed the past week that I couldn't even have time to open my blogs.

    I woke up early from a very shallow sleep today to say with much effort and pain "Happy Birthday" to my elder brother.

    His face is as peaceful and angelic as he lays here in his coffin. He succumbed to multiple organ failure due to heart attack. I'm missing him already.

    Thank you I had come here, I'll take your words about depression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feelings of depression and sadness are a part of being alive. The struggle in dealing with these feelings is that left unchecked these feelings can end up controlling you and not the other way around. Negativity begetting negativity. I know how difficult this may sound and yes it may well be easier said than done for most but there is always a positive side to whatever circumstance we find ourselves in. I recently lost my grandmother. I was very sad for myself for my own loss of not having her there. But when I let myself accept the fact that she was living the last days of her life in sickness and pain, I realized that her suffering had ended and that she was at peace. A very beautiful and positive thing to accept for both her memory and myself. ;o) Thank you for your visit to my site and your kind words. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article, indeed failure is only an event and not the final destination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, I do believe that If we suffer a setback or faliure, we can remind ourselves that it is not the end of the world.

    and yes, Life is not a bed of roses, So we will have struggles. Ah, your article reminds me of the quote - success is never ending failure is never final

    ReplyDelete
  5. If we keep depress, we will not able to think clearly, that's why will fail in doing anything...
    We have to think clearly and make it perfect...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Most replied posts

Total Pageviews