Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Can Antidepressant Drugs Cure Depression?

I've heard some depressed people say that antidepressants have made their unbearable life bearable and have helped them greatly. But if you are suffering from Clinical Depression, before you race off to your Doctor and get some, please consider the following. Antidepressants often come with side effects such as:

* Drowsiness and fatigue
* Constipation, nausea and diarrhea
* Weight gain
* Sexual dysfunction


If you are taking or thinking about taking antidepressants for treating your depression, then you need to pay attention. There are many things about the big pharmaceutical companies that you do not know about, but should. You should be doing your homework and not relying on your doctor to tell you if a medication is good or safe. In fact, many doctors are not as qualified to prescribe medications as they would like you to believe. This can not only cost you an extra expense, but can also jeopardize your overall health and well-being.

As you probably know, antidepressants don't cure the problem, they only mask the effects. While this may be helpful to some in the short term, the problem remains, to be faced at some stage in the future. It's better, faster and more healthy to look at the cause of your depression sooner rather than later.

Bearing in mind antidepressant drugs are implicated in causing murderous and suicidal thoughts and may be the cause behind the recent mass murders. The drugs can also increase your risk of strokes and serious brain injuries.

There are therapies out there which can help and if you have a close friend (or a group) who is prepared to go the distance with you, depression can be worked through and climbed out of. Please don't give up! Life sometimes seems stagnant, but over time things do change.

It is also important to know that there are many natural remedies to replace antidepressants, and that many of these are being snuffed out by the big pharmaceutical companies for a reason.

6 comments:

  1. Antidepressants did not work for me. Having a good therapist truly helped me. That was over 10 years ago and I haven't had a relapse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. too depend on medicine will make you sooner or later an addict. see therapist, is my advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking from experience, anti depr. only served to make me semi impotent and a lot of other (bad) things. So my pharmacist suggested Vit B complex injections. Now within hours I felt better, which lasted for just over a week. He suggested 4 injections a month for the first two months which I did.
    Thereafter one injection every two weeks for a month, and then carry on with one injection once a month. It serves to give the serotonin layer on your brain a boost, and it is the serotonin layer that causes most depressions. I later on swapped it for Nurobiun (not sure about the spelling) but it is a stronger Vit B complex, almost like a Vit B booster.

    |Now, a few years down the line, I do not need the injections anymore, my serotonin is back to normal, and so is my life. No side effects as it is a natural remedy, and it served to repair my serotonin layer.

    It definitely worked for me, maybe it will work for others.

    Have a lovely new year!

    Colin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks colins . I happy that you finally overcame depression after taking vit B complex.Since it worked for you, i believe it will work for others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this article. I am very thankful to have a doctor who has put me on (the right) medication to help me function in everyday life. The change in me is tremendous: I can go to campus and be around other people without feeling unsafe, and I am able to concentrate well enough to do the things I need to do. I'm under no assumption that meds have cured my depression. I think having a great support team (medical and personal) in addition to the meds make all the difference in keeping "the beast" under control.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Most replied posts

Total Pageviews